Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Wow! I'm a blogger!

Okay. So I've finally gone and done it: I've started the blog I've talked about for months. But why? Isn't that the question? I don't know if anyone will ever read any of this, so I guess I'm just doing it for me: for a reason to write, a way to keep track of my life, a new way to remember all of those thoughts that I'll forget in a year, a way to look back and see how I've changed (and hopefully grown). As a Christian, I want to know that God is working in my life and changing me for the better, but sometimes it's difficult to keep track of that maturity. Now, I can look back in a year and see if I've let God work in me and grow me into the person He wants me to be. And if not, I'll be able to see in what areas I need to give up some control.

And then there's the fellowship. I've lurked and read and commented on blogs for a while, and what I've loved is the opportunity for authentic relationships with strangers. (What a strange concept.) When you can hide behind a keyboard, you don't have the need for a facade, and you can be as vulnerable as you choose.

So, we'll see how it goes. I hope this all works and that I stick with it. If not, I guess I'll learn from that too.

--april

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is so great! this is what i call a Smart Blog. (as opposed to mine, which is poop and bad grammar.) Smart Blogs are secretly quite intimidating to me, so i'm especially impressed!

Yea April!!